Sunday, March 6, 2011

So, we'll see how this goes :-)

This is my first time ever attempting to blog, so bear with me. 

I'm a writer.  Writing stories is my passion, which means it both relaxes and frustrates me, but I know I will never stop doing it.  If you love to write; if filling a blank page with meaning makes your heart swell, then we have something in common.  If you love to read, to let a story take you somewhere you could never imagine, to let words open your mind to new possibilities, then we have something in common.  And I'm glad you're here. 

I titled this blog word by word, because that's the only way I know how to write.  One word at a time.  It's the only way I can imagine accomplishing what I hope to accomplish, which is to write a 90k book in three months - meaning draft, revise, and re-write.  All in three months.  I'm starting this blog to give myself somewhere to display my progress.  I'll post my daily word count, sections of the novel that I really like, and my daily struggles as I try to accomplish something I've never done before. 

If you decide to follow along, first of all, thank you for reading.  Feel free to critique any writing I post.  That's why it's there.  Let me know about your own challenges.  I'll be happy to post them here, and offer you the encouragement that I'm sure I'll need in these next few weeks.  Wish me luck, and good luck to all of you in your endeavors.    

No comments:

Post a Comment